Once again, Instituto Cervantes de Manila is set to welcome hordes of bookworms for Día del Libro/International Book Day! Read Instituto Cervantes’ press release here.
I had so much fun there back in 2010, and sadly, I wasn’t able to go back last year. Not too sure about this year, either.
- Go there early. We made the mistake of going there around 3-4PM, so all the good stuff were gone.
- Bring enough cash (or credit cards that aren’t in danger of being declined). There were several books I really wanted to get, but at the time, I didn’t have enough moolah on me, and I haven’t paid off that month’s card bill yet. 😛
- Check out all the events, particularly the seminars and film screenings.
- Foodtrip! Book shopping will help you work up an appetite; there are lots of booths there that sell yummy Spanish eats at good prices. And make a beeline for the liquor selection at both the cafe inside Instituto Cervantes and the booths outside. Scored a bottle of Hidalgo 200 brandy the last time I was there.
- Bring a pamaypay or hand-held electric fan. It can get really hot outside while browsing and buying.
April 21, 2012. 10AM-8PM. Instituto Cervantes de Manila, 855 T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Metro Manila. Be there! 🙂
(Thanks to Tammy David for the heads up!)